The EuroMed Transport Support Project (EuroMed TSP), to be implemented from 2017 to 2020, is a European Union funded project building on the results achieved in the course of the past five years (2012-2016) by its predecessor, the EuroMed RRU Project.
Aimed at contributing in the creation of an integrated transport system in the Mediterranean, this demand-driven initiative will provide Technical Assistance to EuroMed Partner countries in support of the implementation of the Southern Mediterranean Regional Transport Action Plan (RTAP) 2014-2020.
Throughout the life of the project, several seminars/conferences are being organized, technical assistance and training are being conducted and best practices are being shared. The project covers Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
The project’s purpose is to:
- Increase the sustainability and performance of transport operations in the Mediterranean region;
- Enhance safety in transport operations;
- Increase efficiency / lower costs of transport operations;
- Lower environmental impact of transport operations.
The outcome of the above would be the contribution to regional economic integration, economic well-being and job creation.
The key tasks of the project include:
- Harmonized transport regulations in the region (accession/implementation of relevant UNECE Agreements);
- Urban transport authorities and efficient and innovative fleet management solutions (EU SUMP guidelines);
- Regulatory reform actions (RTAP 2014-2020)
- Priorities and objectives identification for each country;
- Awareness raising among stakeholders;