- This event has passed.
Athens Regional Workshop on Road Safety Data
08/05/2018 @ 08:00 - 10/05/2018 @ 17:00
A Regional Workshop on Road Safety Data is being organized by the EuroMed Transport Support Project in Greece, on 8-10 May 2018.
This three-day regional workshop, the 3rd day of which is dedicated to road safety-related site visits, offers a unique opportunity to share national, European and international experiences and best practices with road safety data and allow a regional exchange on setting up a road map for the follow up actions.
Issues to be discussed at the workshop include:
- existing methods of road safety data collection in the EuroMed Partner Countries;
- existing best practices, methods and tools at national, European and international level;
- awareness raising on the reasons of the existing discrepancies between the official national data and WHO estimates and suggestion of ways to bridge them,
- support to countries to implement common definitions and international good practice on road safety data in the region
- support to countries to improve their vital registration data (VRD), that are considered by WHO in its Global reports;
- related experience in a EU member State, the case of Greece;
- road map on the way ahead.
The present sub-activity concerns all EuroMed Partner countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia). The Ministry of Transport, Traffic Police and the Health Sector from these countries are expected to be represented at the Workshop. Experts from the EC DG MOVE, UNECE, UNESCWA, WHO, ITF/IRTAD, UfM, FIA, IRF, SaferAfrica Project and SSATP/World Bank, as well as key stakeholders from Greece, are also expected to have an active participation.
Mr. Jean Todt, the UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Road Safety, actively supported the Workshop. His video can be found here: https://youtu.be/Bo8J1tD-9Nw
The documentation of the Workshop can be found here.